last update: 2018 04 10
Not in the sense of every one receiving the same periodic income.
The purposes of the universal income:
A modern humane survival of every one.
Elimination of poverty.
Almost all people hate poverty.
Just thinking about poverty is already upsetting for most.
A wealth shock might shorten your life.
Surprisingly many persons and their elected politicians justify and defend poverty and destruction.
Poverty opposes the maintenance and creation of wealth for all.
For obvious reasons.
No sane rich person prefers general poverty and slow scientific progress.
Poor ignorant people are the most detrimental factor to life on Earth.
Poor ignorant people are the reason why production and consumption of animal products is still allowed.
Poor ignorant people are the reason why greedy ruthless companies can survive.
Poor ignorant people are the reason why governments can be worse than greedy ruthless companies.
- Almost all people hate poverty.
Limitation of the effects of bad luck. E.g.:
- Bad luck of being born with bad and/or poor and/or (financially) uneducated parents.
- Bad luck of having little talents.
- Bad luck of having health problems.
- Bad luck of being different and thus having additional difficulties to have a happy and successful life.
Freedom to live and to work only with liked persons.
Elimination of wage slavery.
Only a poor society needs wage slavery.
Elimination of barriers and complications to work for money.
E.g. in some countries, welfare payments can not be easily combined with paid work.
Decoupling of salaries and purchase power.
Decoupling of political decisions and financial constraints.
Politics and real wealth must matter. Not money and debt.
No nation respects the Human Rights.
The human rights that the Covenant seeks to promote and protect include:
- the right to work in just and favourable conditions;
- the right to social protection, to an adequate standard of living and to the highest attainable standards of physical and mental well-being;
- the right to education and the enjoyment of benefits of cultural freedom and scientific progress.
Thanks to knowledge and abilities, the evolution of societies makes it increasingly difficult to maintain and to justify:
- poverty and wage slavery.
- elitist goods and services.
- elitist private properties.
The following factors are synergistic and lead to a so called positive feedback:
Wealth including knowledge and abilities.
Automation will increasingly:
- create goods for every one.
- provide services for every one.
- manage wealth allocation and trade.
Automation means demonetizing everything: A Post Capitalism World.
Automation means near zero marginal cost society.
- A UMI:
- For safety, sharing, cooperation, freedom, innovation.
- Against fear, greed, competition, coercion, conservation.
- Open data, open software, open hardware and eventually no intellectual property and no secrets.
Automation must not be delayed and burdened by:
- Intellectual property.
- Taxes. Bill Gates: We should tax the robot that takes your job.
- Laws. India’s transport minister vows to ban self-driving cars to save jobs.
- Fear mongering or ignorance.
Conservative labor fetishists who believe in inevitable natural wage slavery and who want honest hard work for every one for ethical reasons.
Like most politicians. Their absurd expectation is that every one can become an engineer or entertainer or whatever is needed to escape automation in an economy based on wage slavery. Those who fail do not work hard enough and should suffer rightfully.
Honest hard work and education are the simplistic solutions proposed by merciless conservative simpletons.
- Like most voters. Not because they like wage slavery but because they have no alternative.
- Like most companies.
- Like most economists. Even like those called progressive economists.
- Like most politicians. Their absurd expectation is that every one can become an engineer or entertainer or whatever is needed to escape automation in an economy based on wage slavery. Those who fail do not work hard enough and should suffer rightfully.
Automation must be encouraged, supported and financed by a UMI.
Where in the world is it easiest to get rich? | Harald Eia.
Optimization of individual wealth by trading a limited amount of money for a limited amount of things.
The buyer decides what to spend money on.
Money units serve as incentive to offer wanted goods and services.
A company is allowed to give its own money units to any person.
Money units enable a person or company to buy what it wants and needs.
Buying a good or service supports the entire production chain with money.
Historic purposes of money that should be eliminated:
- Wage slavery.
Savings of money.
Savings lead to increasing differences of wealth owned by different persons.
Savings of money as insurance for the case of individual poverty should not be necessary.
Savings of money as insurance for the case of mass poverty is useless. As proven by inflations during crises.
Debts of money.
Debts are toxic and bad for all. Not even banks and other self-proclaimed experts can handle them for their own selfish purposes. As proven by financial crises.
The Global Minotaur: The Crash of 2008 and the Euro-Zone Crisis in Historical Perspective (2011).
Frauds Failures and Bailouts - A Perennial Autopsy - Prof Bill Black at Harvard Law 6 Apri 2018.
Every physical person receives a money income B (benefit) every BP days (benefit period) from a money provider.
The numbers B and BP are determined by rules determined by political decisions.
A certain amount C (cost) must be paid back in T days.
The amount C/T must be paid back every BP days (benefit period).
The numbers C and T are determined by rules determined by political decisions.
A company receives money only by trade.
A company is allowed to give its own money to any person or company.
Every transaction must be public (no secrets):
- This allows the money provider to detect and to invalidate bad or harmful transactions as determined by rules determined by political decisions.
- This allows everyone to discover beneficial and lucrative business opportunities.
These mechanisms allow the money provider to control easily the amount of money available in national and international economies without complicated mechanims like e.g. taxation or interest rates determined by banks and other institutions.
Not money but efforts and real wealth must matter in the economy and in political decisions regarding production, import and export of goods and services.
Persons in the future will care about real wealth:
- Natural wealth (air, water, land, living beings).
- Humane wealth including human rights, animal rights, knowledge and abilities.
Persons in the future will regret and condemn:
- past money (debt) constraints
- and the related past greed and austerity that enforced needlessly poverty and less creation of wealth for all (including the richest persons).
Banks and their debt money (bet money, bad money) and their bank secrets are only harmful to a society.
There is no good reason why the activity of banks deserves the savings and debts of persons.
Instead persons should determine investment and production by buying and pre-ordering goods and services.
Banks should only serve as private investors.
Private companies must never be politically important.
Private companies must never be systemically important.
Private companies must never be too big to fail. taxes.
Instead the money provider offers money under certain conditions.
Classic taxation systems should be abandoned because:
- They are complicated and wasteful. E.g. tax declaration, tax control, tariffs, judiciary.
- They are prone to legal and illegal tax evasion.
They burden useful and successful activities more than other activities. E.g. VAT, income tax, tariffs.
Useful and successful activities should be supported by a UMI and not be taxed.
Richard Wolff on tax cuts (for the rich) and tariffs (2018-04).
Wasted money is a real problem in an insane economy with banks, debt and poverty.
Bankruptcy means harm and poverty.
The bad effects of a bankruptcy spread in the economy and lead to further harm and poverty in addition to the wasted efforts and wealth in the past.
But the current economic system based on:
- anxious greedy selfish competitive actors in volatile opaque markets,
- savings, debts, interest rates,
- wage slavery
It does not lead to efficient behavior as proven by world hunger, waste of food, consumption of animal products, waste of antibiotics for animal products and quotaism (e.g. milk quota, doctor quota).
It does not lead to sustainable behavior as proven by economic crises and ecological crises.
It leads to anxious greedy behavior to sell as much as possible and as expensive as possible even if it means wasting money, efforts and wealth because of:
E.g. artificially limited printer ink cartridges, no software upgrade for older smartphones, slowed down smartphones, smartphones with expensive or irreplaceable batteries.
E.g. subsidies for fossil fuel, protection of producers of animal products.
- Bad marketing to influence customers to consume (waste) more goods and services.
E.g. more trade of money is required because of interest rates related to debts.
Competition for work and economically enforced unemployment are only possible in an insane society.
Political decisions determine what is a basic good and a basic service.
If companies can not provide affordable basic goods and services then the government should provide them.
Political decisions are the only reasons for poverty in 2018.
Scarcity of basic goods and basic services are caused by greed and bad management and bad political decisions that allow and promote it.
Examples of reasons that lead to local scarcity of basic goods:
- Waste of wealth by corruption, military and warfare.
- Local overpopulation.
- Bad ethics and bad traditions.
- Provision of water, food, energy, housing, transport and telecommunication by private companies whose main goal is maximization of their private profit.
- Waste of food because of bad storage, bad transportation and bad distribution.
Waste of wealth (including health) and effective antibiotics and violation of animal rights (rights of sentient emotional beings like humans) because of animal products.
Prohibition and replacement of animals products would have political and economic priority in a sane efficient modern society.
Examples of reasons that lead to local scarcity of basic services:
- Waste of wealth by corruption, military and warfare.
Prohibitive wasteful long difficult expensive inefficient rigid repulsive harmful toxic study programs in all schools.
Wasteful expensive certificate requirements.
When I went to school, academics taught:
- Honest hard work and obedience and faith in main stream media and narratives as preparation for a cultivated adulthood and jobs (wage slavery).
- Either useless knowledge or knowledge for higher education or jobs (wage slavery).
Not true politics.
Not helpful psychology.
Not critical sociology.
Not science based nutrition and cooking.
No critical scientific worldview for all.
No "how to have a life" training for all.
Such knowledge was esoteric and supposed to be taught in private by good parents and friends.
Important wealth (genetics, capital, knowledge, skills, mindset, power, connections) is still inherited among the competitive elite to remain the competitive elite.
Classic formal education and study programs are insufficient relics of the past.
Efficient barrier-free lifelong just-in-time learning and accreditation would have political and economic priority in a sane efficient modern society.
Companies are not willing or able to employ and to train persons because of financial reasons.
Especially small companies.
A UMI would decouple salaries and purchase power.
- Unaffordable medical and nursing services.
Harm of patients and medical experts by wasteful expensive study programs, artificial limitation of the number of medical experts, debt, financial constraints, bureaucracy and too much work and worries.
Efficient specialized study programs (2 years, not 7) and automation of medical and nursing services would have political and economic priority in a sane efficient modern society.
- who want the goods and services instead of a financial return on investment.
- who (can) accept less than expected.
Even a failure is useful because any reasonable effort leads to new wealth and knowledge and abilities that can be shared and used for later efforts if not forbidden as intellectual property or hidden as bad secret.
Political decisions and real wealth must matter.
Not money (gold) and debt.
The Euro is used like gold. Bitcoin.
Besides, Bitcoin is a particularly bad currency because mining and transactions are prohibitively slow and inefficient by design. Bitcoin wastes hardware and electricity.