last update: 2019 05 09
This is always the best approach to solve any problem.
More persons have more knowledge, more experience, more understanding, more intelligence, more means to help.
You want to do something ? Then ask experts for help.
Much can change. For better or worse.
Drugs alone are not always good help.
Suicide as death of your body is not a good way to change.
An attempt of suicide will make your constraints worse with over 90% probability.
Suicide: How my failed attempts became my biggest success | Shraddha Shankar | TEDxUIUC (2016-05-25), time 426.
Example: Historic face transplant gives suicide survivor a 'second chance' (2018-08-15).
Ask your friends.
Ask helpful organizations like the lustysociety.
Ask scientific experts when you need them.
Ask specialized help services. But do not ask the police in case of intoxication or addiction.
Ask medical doctors.
Do not consult dubious healers.
Do not consult sects or related organizations. E.g. Narconon. Ask for help if you need help.
Use only the drugs prescribed by a scientific medical expert.
Even then, be careful and inform yourself.
- An alleged report of an unfortunate detrimental use of ketamine (2018-03).
- Why I Quit Being a Therapist -- Six Reasons by Daniel Mackler (2018-01-04).
- What If Everything You Know About Depression Was Wrong? | Op-Ed | NowThis (2018-07-09).
- Depression and anxiety: Have we gotten it wrong? | UpFront (2018-04-02). Johann Hari.
- The Real Causes of Depression | Johann Hari (2018-02-04), time 541.
- Everything you think you know about addiction is wrong | Johann Hari (2017-07-09).
- Discussion of Dealing with past trauma may be the key to breaking addiction (2018-11-24).
Do NOT try drugs on your own.
Not for fun.
Especially not in high dosage.
Especially not to solve problems.
Set and setting.
Psychedelics are not very risky regarding your physical health including the brain.
Unless you have a bad trip with intense stress and fear that strongly affects your heart (rate) and arteries and blood pressure.
Psychedelics are very risky regarding your mental or psychological health.
Psychedelics are as "safe" as any other potentially traumatic event.
Mental problems because of drugs can last but general wellbeing is not lost permanently.
Help and healing is possible.
How philosophy can save your life | Jules Evans | TEDxBreda (2013-11-09), time 33.
Psychedelics can affect your unconscious and conscious beliefs and judgements and personality.
That is why professional scientific assistance (not a shaman) is important to guide you and to good make use of your altered brain activity; I guess like hypnosis.
More Americans report near-constant cannabis use (2018-08-20).
When Adolescents Give Up Pot, Their Cognition Quickly Improves (2018-10-30).
- At the same time, the percentage of teens who believe that regular marijuana use poses a great risk to their health has dropped sharply since the mid-2000s. And legalization of marijuana may play a part in shaping how young people think about the drug.
Smoking cannabis every day ‘shrinks brain but increases its connectivity’ (2014-11-10).
- Study on drug’s long-term neurological impact suggests initial increases in brain wiring to compensate for loss of grey matter.
- But they warn that those who take the drug for too long are likely to suffer damaging effects.
- The scans revealed that smoking cannabis every day was associated with shrinkage in the orbitofrontal cortex (OFC) region of the brain, which is involved in mental processing and decision making.
- Neuroscientists believe damage to the orbitofrontal cortex may underpin some forms of psychopathy.
- After six to eight years of continually taking cannabis the increases in structural wiring declined, but users continued to display higher connectivity than non-users.
There's nothing funny about today's highly potent marijuana. It killed my son. (2019-04-28).
“I want to die,” he wrote before hanging himself at the age of 31. “My soul is already dead. Marijuana killed my soul + ruined my brain.”
Marijuana needs warning labels like tobacco for associated mental, physical health risks.
Mental illness in the family raises marijuana risks. Parents, please talk to your teens.
They defined “high potency” as over 10% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive ingredient in pot. Ten percent isn’t all that high. Arizona’s medical dispensaries tout cannabis products — the subject of the recent Supreme Court hearings — with THC up to 90%. And modern weed usually contains THC levels of 18 to 30% — more than double the levels that were common in buds from the 1980s.
Today’s marijuana has as much similarity to the pot brownies of the 1970s as a smart phone does to a Texas Instruments calculator. Today’s marijuana is incredibly potent, powerful enough to destroy lives.
WHY WERE EARLY PSYCHEDELICISTS SO WEIRD?
Quotes from a postdoctoral researcher about psilocybin:
- But this is a strictly do-not-try-this-at-home experiment, MacLean cautioned. The participants in the study were under close supervision during their session with the drug. Psychological support and preparation helped keep bad trips to a minimum, but many participants still reported fear, anxiety and distress after taking psilocybin.
- MacLean said, ... that the risk of unsupervised usage outweighs any potential reward.
Similar quotes from experts about psychedelics:
- "This is serious medicine with a capital M," he says, "and if you don't watch yourself and you don't pay attention to the essential basics, you could be in for a very difficult time."
- "It makes the healing process possible, not easy."
- When you take 125 milligrams of pure MDMA, enough to nearly immobilize you, and someone invites you to take a look at your deepest self, “it is a destabilizing agent,” Dr. X cautions. But it’s purposefully so. “It opens us,” he says. “Sometimes the medicine can stabilize someone in a difficult situation. Sometimes it stirs up madness, so they can process that. Some people feel rejuvenated and ready to go back into their lives, but other people feel frazzled, spent, fragmented. I’ve had a few people say, ‘That shattered who I thought I was.’ ”
- "If we move forward and understand that these substances should only be used under optimal conditions," says Grob, "it will have a positive impact on an individual, family, collective and societal level."
Among the countless reports from users of psychedelics:
- Discussion about magic mushrooms.
- Can PTSD be caused by a bad trip?
- Bad acid trip really messed me up...
Psychedelics are not safe magic. Psychedelics typically trigger serotonin receptors.
A bad trip by psychedelics can be like an unescapable intense fever dream while being awake.
It can become worse by triggering a panic attack while being being under the effect of stimulating drugs that complicate thinking clearly and staying calm even more.
This can lead to PTSD and anxiety disorder or panic disorder.
The short time of:
Do not underestimate the effect of bio-chemistry: