last update: 2018 08 11
Allow good thoughts.
Allow good actions.
Spend time with pleasant persons and good thoughts and good actions.
Care less about bad feelings.
Good thoughts, actions, feelings, persons instead of bad thoughts, actions, feelings, persons.
Ask for help.
Fear or fear related feelings are the most frequent bad feelings.
They might not be identified or felt as fear or terror.
They prevent good actions and lead to procrastination until flight is replaced by fight.
The symptoms when faced with the feared concern can be unease, fatigue, laziness, dissatisfaction, depression, lack of interest, distraction and focus on less uncomfortable topics, reluctance, incapacity to act.
More persons have more knowledge, more experience, more understanding, more intelligence, more means to help.
How the Brain Fears (2017).
The Brain’s Balancing Act: Prof. Rony Paz - AI & Neuroscience (2018-07-23).
Panic attack: What You Fear The Most Cannot Happen.
You aren't at the mercy of your emotions (2018-01-23).
Getting stuck in the negatives and how to get unstuck (2013-06-23).
Ask scientific experts for help in special cases.
Ask specialized help services. But do NOT ask the police in case of intoxication or addiction.
Ask medical doctors.
Do not use drugs to try to solve your problems on your own.
Do not consult dubious healers.
Do not consult sects or related organizations. E.g. Narconon.
- Think about pleasant things. Try to feel better. You are safe. You will recover.
- Ask for help if you prefer.
Use only the drugs prescribed by a scientific medical expert.
Even then, be careful and inform yourself.
E.g. an alleged report of an unfortunate detrimental use of ketamine.
Do NOT try drugs on your own.
Not for fun.
Especially not to solve your problems.
Especially not opioids.
Especially not psychedelics.
Quotes from a postdoctoral researcher about psilocybin:
- But this is a strictly do-not-try-this-at-home experiment, MacLean cautioned. The participants in the study were under close supervision during their session with the drug. Psychological support and preparation helped keep bad trips to a minimum, but many participants still reported fear, anxiety and distress after taking psilocybin.
- MacLean said, ... that the risk of unsupervised usage outweighs any potential reward.
- "This is serious medicine with a capital M," he says, "and if you don't watch yourself and you don't pay attention to the essential basics, you could be in for a very difficult time."
- "It makes the healing process possible, not easy."
- "If we move forward and understand that these substances should only be used under optimal conditions," says Grob, "it will have a positive impact on an individual, family, collective and societal level."
- Discussion about magic mushrooms.
- Can PTSD be caused by a bad trip?
- Bad acid trip really messed me up...
A bad trip because of intoxication by psychedelics can be like an unescapable intense fever dream while being awake.
It can become worse by triggering a panic attack that might persist for the duration of the trip (several hours) and that might trigger an anxiety disorder or panic disorder.
Besides: WHY WERE EARLY PSYCHEDELICISTS SO WEIRD?.
The short time of:
Do not underestimate the effect of bio-chemistry: