last update: 2018 12 11
Too much useful knowledge and training is given only by useful parents and useful friends and not by school.
The old school system is bloated and is boasted to provide beneficial general culture but the old school system is severely lacking and actively harmful.
Notably regarding healthy drives.
It is too expensive and too limiting.
Regarding money and time and effort and motivation.
Many persons can not afford it.
Many persons can afford it only once in their life.
No certificate means no (good) job for life in most cases.
It is too wasteful.
Too much resources and efforts for what is most likely useless and thus boring.
Too much resources and efforts for what is quickly forgotten.
Too much failure because the student does not perceive the offered help as useful.
AFAIK in all countries: Failing a course or work means failing the entire study program that required much time, money and effort.
It is too cruel and too harmful.
School is related to many hours of boring useless work.
- This leads to depression and trains the bad habit of wasting time as patience and endurance in a bad or harmful environment.
- This indoctrinates fearful obedience and learned helplessness for life as student and as employee until retirement in case one is still physically alive.
Failure in school means great harm of your life and mental health.
Free Yourself From The Fear Of Judgement & Start Living Life | Marisa Peer (2017-11-20).
Dr. Bruce Lipton Explains HOW WE ARE PROGRAMMED AT BIRTH (2018-09-20).
- Quote: But the problem is, 95% of our life is coming from the programs of life, of how to live life, that we get in the first 7 years in life.
Depression and anxiety: Have we gotten it wrong? | UpFront (2018-04-02). Johann Hari.
Why I Quit Being a Therapist -- Six Reasons by Daniel Mackler (2018-01-04).
The Three Big Myths About Emotions, Gender and Brains | Lisa Feldman Barrett (2018-01-09).
How philosophy can save your life | Jules Evans | TEDxBreda (2013-11-09).
The fight against teen suicide begins in the classroom | Brittni Darras | TEDxMileHigh (2017-08-11).
Toxic culture of education: Joshua Katz at TEDxUniversityofAkron (2014-05-02).
Kelly McGonigal: How to Turn Stress Into an Advantage (2015-09-03), time 77.
This means: No fear and no boredom in school.
Excellence is obsolete: redefining the standard for success (2018-11-01).
Other posts: https://medium.com/@aytekintank.
IMO: I am in favor of excellent goods and services but excellence must not become the reason of misery (frustration, dissatisfaction, exclusion, depression, fear, waste of life time).
Rise, Grind and Ruin: The Dangerous Fetishization of ‘Hustle Porn’ (2018-11).
How to Achieve Your Most Ambitious Goals | Stephen Duneier | TEDxTucson (2017-03-06).
The speaker is exceptionally talented. The name of the video is misleading.
The useful messsage is how to achieve change and goals in general:
Do not hold on ambitions that harm you and make you feel bad. Keep life simple and pleasant. Good life and good progress in small easy steps.
The Super Mario Effect - Tricking Your Brain into Learning More | Mark Rober | TEDxPenn (2018-05-31).
Every person should consider work as healthy, beneficial and pleasant activity.
Any organization that makes many persons feel bad at work is harmful.
Any person that makes other persons feel bad at work should be helped by experts.
There is no need for unpleasant or unsafe work.
There must be no tolerance of unpleasant or unsafe work.
There is no monolithic basic school program with a time schedule.
There are only individual courses with individual skill objectives.
IMO it is beneficial that different persons with different experiences and ages have access to the same courses in a modern free school system.
IMO there is no good reason to structure school by study programs and age groups.
Writing and reading in one language and English. English is required to understand most offered information.
Being limited to the national information program is not good enough.
No coercion to write articles and to make presentations. They are typically based on harmful mainstream propaganda sources.
A person who has something to say will and should say it in time.
No promotion of a habit and culture of arrogant personal opinions and judgements that are often useless or even harmful for the judging person or the judged persons.
E.g. Jordan B. Peterson pleasing his lucrative supporters but alienating rational savvy persons.
- Jordan Peterson doesn't understand postmodernism (2018-04-27).
- Jordan B. Peterson Fails At Science - Twitter Dunks On Him (2018-08-04).
- Jordan Peterson Threatens To Sue Critic For Calling Him Misogynist (2018-09-24).
- Richard Wolff takes on Jordan B. Peterson (2018-10-17).
- A Critique of Jordan Peterson -- by Daniel Mackler (2018-11-07).
Basic knowledge and skills to be and to stay healthy and lusty.
Basic culture of health and wellbeing.
Basic training of how to have a life and how to act and react in different important situations.
Persons must be taught how to deal with stressful and difficult situations.
Persons must be taught that life and happiness is not related to school notes and economic productivity and achievements.
Psychologists or other capable persons should teach it.
Parents, friends and other teachers might not have the necessary skills and relation to the person.
Basic knowledge and skills in finance.
Basic culture of wealth.
Why the Rich are Getting Richer | Robert Kiyosaki | TEDxUCSD (2016-07-21).
Rich Dad Poor Dad (2016-10-21).
Although with a better morality.
- The Pathology of the Rich - Chris Hedges on Reality Asserts Itself (1/2) (2013-12-05).
- Obama’s Bombing Legacy (2017-01-18).
- Obama’s personality.
- Michelle Obama Shames Women - Offers Them Nothing (2018-06-06).
- Starbucks Billionaire: You Can’t Have Healthcare Or College (2018-06-08).
- Trump: If I'm Impeached... (2018-08-23).
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez after the death of John McCain on twitter (2018-08-25).
- Hillary & Bernie Blow Smoke Up McCain's A** After Death (2018-08-27)
- Pompeo Backed Yemen War For Weapon Sales Profit (2018-10-23).
- Anand Giridharadas: "Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World" | Talks at Google (2018-10-19).
There is no protection against needless existential threats (economic, social, physical) including poverty, no schools, bad schools, wars and climate warming.
Basic business. Basic investment. Basic management. Basic accounting.
Basic macro-economics based on science.
The course gives legal permission to create and to manage a company.
Michabo Sustainable Harmony.
New Economic Thinking.
Most schools and most economists are accomplices in a crime against humanity: The tax and debt based money system.
Basic mathematics and programming skills.
“Fixed mindsets” might be why we don’t understand statistics (2018-10-14).
Basic scientific explanation of the world. Notably physics, chemistry, biology, geology and meteorology.
It is not about understanding and solving equations or chemical compositions or utility for some company.
It is about basic concepts and interactions.
Science based nutrition and cooking and hygiene concerns.
The course gives legal permission to work as cook.
- Basic skills in medicine and physical therapy.
- Basic skills to deal with emergency situations. E.g. accident, fire.
E.g. electrical circuits, plumbing, car mechanics, computer technology, network administration.
Basic knowledge of engineering.
E.g. industrial production of most products, energy production, waste management, spatial planning, genetic engineering, artificial intelligence.
There is no monolithic expert school program with a time schedule.
There are only individual courses with individual skill objectives.
Researchers should be rewarded for their useful work to increase knowledge but not for popularity or lucky discoveries.
Examples of good development and awareness of problems:
- The Four Most Dangerous Words? A New Study Shows | Laura Arnold | TEDxPennsylvaniaAvenue (2017-05-30).
- BRUCE LIPTON - BIOLOGY OF BELIEF - Part 1/2 | London Real (2017-09-10), time 1181.
- Yanis Varoufakis: Live at Politics and Prose (2018-01-01).
Critics of the Job Guarantee miss the mark badly … again (2018-04-26).
- Further, in my field (economics) one can never really get a publication if the research only produces ‘negative’ results. That is, the researcher fails to find anything. I believe this is a common problem in other disciplines as well.
- Mainstream Economics is Junk - Professor Michael Hudson - 2 April 2017 (2018-05-11).
- Why thousands of AI researchers are boycotting the new Nature journal - Academics share machine-learning research freely. Taxpayers should not have to pay twice to read our findings (2018-05-31).
- The Lifespan of a Lie – Why can’t we escape the Stanford Prison Experiment? (2018-06-12).
- Dear Academia, I loved you, but I’m leaving you (2014) (2018-08-19).
CNN’s Jake Tapper Caught Lying About Med4All - Lies Again (2018-08-22).
- Science has a problem, and we must talk about it (2018-09-03).
What is cOALition S? (2018-09-04).
'Plan S' and 'cOAlition S' – Accelerating the transition to full and immediate Open Access to scientific publications (2018-09-04).
- “Fixed mindsets” might be why we don’t understand statistics (2018-10-14).
Examples of bad research: