last update: 2018 06 16
E.g. cryptography can help to prevent corruption of information and identity theft.
Many sentient beings suffer because nobody else knows.
Bad secrets result from and lead to:
- ignorance of misery and thus inability to help or to get help.
- doubts, worries, mistrust, lies, fraud.
- poverty, greed, jealousy, competition.
- misery, abuse, corruption, blackmailing, coercion, torture, murder, destruction.
- intolerance, unsafety, insecurity, fear.
Bad secrets and privacy are wanted by persons:
- who do not want to be shamed or to be punished
- and who want a government and social environment that shames and punishes
- and who know that many other persons are harmful or criminal
- and who want to keep their dubious secrets and privacy at the cost of harm and crimes.
A person that hides is a problem.
All knowledge to protect wealth and health and safety and security should be available for free for everyone.
Freedom of communication should be a personal right.
A company that hides is a problem.
All knowledge about needs, markets, possibilities and business opportunities should be available for free for everyone for perfect information for perfect markets.
A government that hides is a problem.
All knowledge about and of the government (police, military, secret services) and the political actors and their actions and relations and discussions and decisions should be available for free for everyone.
A good development: Thousands of researchers boycott the Nature Machine Intelligence journal.
Any one and any thing should be observed and located by machines at any time.
Any one and any thing should be observable and locatable by any one at any time.